Jewel of the Seas

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 27, 2012
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite
After going on 3 cruises with a competitor, I must admit that I enjoy the competitor more. Although comparing the two cruise lines point by point on specific items would result in similar ratings, there was an undiscernable "something" that made me enjoy the other line more. In addfiton, it was a little more costly to go on this cruise than with the other line and I don't feel it was worth the price difference.

Food selection and quality was somewhat better than the other cruise line I've experienced.

Lots of activities but difficult to figure out the "where and when".

Lower ranking staff seemed to try really hard to please, but higher ranking staff were a bit "stiff".

It was a beautiful ship but no more beautiful than any other. On one occasion I was given an obviously dirty fork and at another meal, I requested a cup of coffee and the cup had a lipstick mark on the rim.

Pros: I enjoyed the warm, sunny weather and just being on that beautiful blue water.

Cons: This cruise line has a different "feel" that I didn't like as much as the other cruise line I've used. The crew was more "stuffy" or something. The competition crew seemed to be more fun.

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!