Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

Had a Blast, but there were some cons

Sail Date: December 01, 2011

The ship itself is beautiful; no issues here.

Pros: Loads of fun...my first cruise

Cons: Food was great one day, poor the next - inconsistent; staff also inconsistent

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? No.

Food was great one day, horrible the next. Very inconsistent.
I was ok with the small size of the room, but the bathroom was pathetically small and irritated me. Taking a shower was quite a task.
Majority of the staff were just "ok"; there were some very rude room attendants, and guest services people. Bartender told me he was on board for 7 months and never saw it so crowded, so the staff was overwhelmed. Perhaps they should have gotten more staff on board to accommodate the amount of people on this cruise. It was over New Year's Eve.