Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Beautiful Boat, Very Nice People

Sail Date: December 10, 2011

Ship was built is 2004. Nicer than the older Carnival ships I've been on. Food is good -- always something good to eat. The "Disco" on Deck 13 is awesome and it's open late -- until around 2:30AM or so. Very nice people to meet.

Pros: Good, strong drinks. Cozumel is a great port.

Cons: Bars are Understaffed. Costa Maya is a tourist trap...very expensive food and drinks. I would avoid this port if I cruise in the area again. However, it would not prevent me from taking this exact cruise again.

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

Easy to get around. GREAT pools -- 3 hot tubs (although they could use a 4th).
Very good service in the dining hall for dinner.
Food was good to great depending on what you order. The "Chops" steakhouse is worth $30 -- great deal for what you get and the quality is high.
Lobster night is great -- get 2!
The bars, in general, are understaffed. You do have to wait for a drink.
Get a balcony room -- it's worth it. The rooms are small (as with all ships). I weigh 160 pounds and it was tight. I cannot imagine being 300 pounds in these rooms, it would be VERY tight.
Overall, rooms are clean. One thing they need is a flat-screen TV to save space. Beds are very comfortable...slept like a baby.