Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruising on a Jewel

Sail Date: December 02, 2006

What started out as another cruise turned into a beautiful adventure. Walking around common areas of the ship you find it has a flow from one area into another. My wife loved sitting out in the Solarium, it is a wonderfully relaxing spot for reading. The ships staff were attentive but not intrusive and went the extra steps to remind you that you are on vacation and to be pampered. One night at dinner there was a beautiful full moon shining across the water, I asked the staff if we could open the curtains. The next thing I know are the curtains on our side of the dining room all opening so all can see this sight. After dinner my wife and I wandered out on deck 5 to enjoy the moonlight futher. The ship we found to be aptly named as it was a "Jewel of the Seas".

Pros: The ship decorations and layout. The outside entertainment brought in for the shows.

Cons: The ship entertainers and dancers, no flow or reasoning in productions.

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

St. John's, Antigua
The beaches are nice weather permitting.
Don't Miss: A visit over to Atlantis found to be a must.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Wander through the old city to visit the fort and see the small chapel overlooking the harbor entrance.
Don't Miss: Visit the Bacardi factory.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Shopping, shopping and more shopping. The ladies love this port, my wallet doesn't..... but. The island is more to see if you get out there away from the port before shopping. Wonderful beaches, snorkling, and photo opps with the scenery.
Don't Miss: Shopping
The beaches are nice weather permitting.
Don't Miss: A visit over to Atlantis found to be a must.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Don't Miss: Shopping
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Good shopping here, beautiful beaches.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Don't Miss: Visit the Bacardi factory.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Good shopping here, beautiful beaches.
St. John's, Antigua