Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Wonderful Getaway

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

I am comparing Jewel of the Seas to Celebrity and Princess cruises that I have been on.
I enjoyed fine soaps and mosturizers and they were repelenished daily. Perhaps because Jewel of the Sea was a charter that there was no moisturizer which I dearly missed and ordinary soaps that were not replenished daily.
The wait staff was obliging and entertaining and added to making the cruise a very pleasant getaway.
We sailed from the port of Boston, which made it much easier for us since we live in Boston we enjoyed the aspect of not having to fly to Florida to join the cruise.

Pros: The staff was friendly and helpful, the entertainment was outstanding, the food was good and the ambiance was there. The ship was clean and there were plenty of places to sit and relax.

Cons: I disliked the shampoo on the wall as I am arthritic and find it diffiicult to pump. I would have liked better toiletries like moisturizer and finer soaps.

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

I would say if you had the spa soaps, shampoo, moisturizer that would have made the Getaway perfect, that would make it seem so luxurious as the food and the ambiace was super. The paltry soap was like staying at Hampton Inn even they provide shampoo and mosturizers in small containers.
I think the bed could have been positioned better so that the sofa and bed were not touching and I would have to climb over the bed to reach the telephone.
The food was outstanding and the restaurants had a good variety of dishes.
The wait staff was attentive and professional. He would recoommend the specials of the day afte I asked him.
The entertainment was professional and wished it was longer.