Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sailing from Boston to Bermuda

Sail Date: October 26, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My heart belongs to RC...for the price you cant beat what they have to offer ... and this cruise sailed from Boston. Ah! No airports involved ... that was the sweetest part.
Seas were the roughest we ever encountered on this trip home from Bermuda ... 70 mile an hour winds and 20 foot swells for 2 days but that ship stayed the course with minimal roll. Thank God for those stabilizers.
I wish I had opted for the larger suite but this was a family vacation so I made do with adjoining rooms with verandas. My daughter and son-in-law were next door ... I had my 5 year old grandson staying with me and he couldn't wait to get to "his club" each day. RC has an outstanding program for children ... best in the industry in my opinion. It gives freedom without worry to the parents so they to can enjoy their cruise.
This was the first cruise for my son and his wife. They chose an inside cabin because price was a factor. My son said never again with an inside cabin! That accommodation proved claustrophobic to him yet his wife was fine with it. He recommends those rooms to the 20 year olds that travel in packs. LOL

Pros: No airports

Cons: Rough seas...wouldn't sail in October again

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

Our waiter left something to be desired but the other crew members made up for his lackluster service.
Due to rough weather pools were closed the entire trip home.
Room quality was fine but I found it to small. I'll know better next time.
Best in the 5 year old grandson was thrilled!