Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

a great first experience

Sail Date: October 01, 2006

I had no idea what to expect when i boarded the ship for my first time but was impressed from the minute i stepped aboard. Very clean and the staff worked deligently to keep up the appearance of the ship throughout our vacation.

Pros: Plenty of activites to keep you occupied even at the end of october.

Cons: pool bars closed too early and not enough late night eateries open past 1 am. Also, my party felt as though the staff service was not as good as it should have been.

I found the ship to be easy to navigate around and the layout to be convenient to all of our needs. The only disappointment i had was that the pools were smaller than I had expected and there were not enough hot tubs. We had to wait everytime for a hot tub to become available for at least a half an hour of more. All areas of the ship had 5 star cleanliness.
I was not impressed with the quality of the food. All i have ever heard about cruises is the unbelievable quality of food that is served. I would say that the windjammer is one stiep above the quality of college cafeteria food. Dinner was better but not the quality I expected although it was nice that you were allowed to order more than one main course. The ship definately needs more late night areas open that serve food later than 1 am.
Our stateroom was smaller than i thought it would be but it was my first cruise so not much to compare it too. I would suggest getting a room with a balcony for better air circulation. I was congested every morning.
The staff was very heloful but not as friendly I think they should have been. They were tipped an automatic 15% gratuity on all tabs and i think this was a huge cause of the poor service we received. The staff was hard to conversate with but were willing to meet our other needs.
lots of activies on the itinery to keep you busy throughout the trip.