Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

First Time was a Winner!

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

I was extremely reluctant to go on a cruise. After 31 years my husband talked me into a "sample" cruise on the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas from Boston to Bermuda. We picked this cruise because we didn't need to fly anywhere to catch the ship and could have 1 1/2 days at sea, 1 1/2 days in Bermuda and 1 1/2 days at sea. A nice short adventure. We took herbal motion sickness tablets and wore the bracelets just in case. I was more than nervous while boarding the ship and settling into our stateroom. The inside stateroom was roomy and had plenty of storage for everything I packed. Still leery we took a long tour of the ship and tried to see all the ship had to offer. We had to stop exploring when the emergency rescue drill was sounded. Trust me I listened to every minute!

We dressed for dinner. We had a window seat and watched the sunset. And this is where I settled. My Time Dining is the way to go! We never waited for a seat and the food was wonderful in the dining room. The service was unbelievable. After dinner, then dancing in the Safari Club. At 1:00 a.m. we finally hit the bed. The room was extremely dark without a window so we could sleep in late the next morning. We could feel the waves but we never got motion sickness. After two days we took off the bracelets. We really never stopped the entire time. After four days we went to all the shows (the Tango Show was the best) the buffet, lounges, sports bar (enjoyed the Vikings game even if we were in the minority), casino, shops, solarium swimming pool, exercise room, lounge chairs on the deck, dance lessons and every dance floor.

Oh yes, Bermuda was lovely. The snorkling, reefs, St George, Elbow beach and rum cakes were wonderful. First time on the island, I do recommend the ships excersions.

The but the quality of the ship, the cruise line and staff was the beyond my expectation. I can't wait to go on another adventure.

Pros: Quality of the cruise line and the staff.

Cons: Not enough chairs on the deck or solarium.

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

Dining room food and service was wonderful.
I liked the inside room without a window. We didn't spend a lot of time in the stateroom so it was fine.
The Tango show was wonderful. To be able to dance like that and even when the floor is moving is amazing.