Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A real Jewel

Sail Date: April 01, 2007

We parked at Park n Fly and everyone was very nice and efficient. The shuttle driver even put our bags on the trolley so we didnt touch a thing.

Embarkation was an absolute breeze. It took us thirty minutes from walking in the terminal to eating in the windjammer. We did the Online check in which I highly recommend.

Jewel of the Seas is absolutely beautiful. Everything was always clean and the only thing I can remember that was negative about the ship was the pool. First it was saltwater which I personally dont like and there was only one and it was small. I know about the solarium pool but no one ever was in it though I did hang around in there for a while.

After Lunch we played a round of mini golf very fun and then went to our stateroom. Cabin 7000 is incredible because it looks out over the bow of the ship so you always have a great view of what is happening. Due to the slanting of the ship we actually had about ten feet of space from the headboard to the base of the window in that space you can lay down and look at the stars. The room was much larger than I originally expected it to be and the couch was nice. Our sailing was the first to have the new Royal Caribbean bedding which was great. The room was impeccable the whole time. The only thing is our muster station is inside the theatre which was a little uncomforting.

We ate in the main dining room the each night and purchased a Wine and Dine package which saved a lot of money. The food was good but it wasnt incredible. Windjammer was good because there was never a line and you had a really great view. The Seaview Caf was excellent but was often closed. There were two midnight buffets the first one was a waste of time but the second one was Incredible in Tides dining room.

Entertainment was first class. There were two production shows City of Dreams and West End to Broadway. There was also an acrobatic show Flash and Fever, a Variety Show (Comedian and Magician) and Delisco all of which I loved a lot.

As far as activities go I recommend doing everything that you possibly can. This makes for many opportunities to meet people and do things that you wouldnt do normally. You must go the captains corner thing it was very interesting.

I loved ever minuteof the cruise aqnd can't wait to book my next one

Pros: elevators overlooking the ocean

Cons: pool area

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

Cruise Director Marc Walker was insane. he had too much energy was dumb. But, the production shows "City of Dreams" and "West End to Broadway" were broadway quality
The State rooms were beautiful and the beds were comfortable.
Unbelieveibly beautiful and the vews of the ocean were everwhere. the amount of glass was stunning. The layout of the ship was so well donet hat you never feel like you are with 2000+ people
Portofino Is incredible and Tides as well but in the Windjammer the food was lukewarm
The Waitress learned everones name and knew too give my sone fries withextra ketchup witheverything that he ordered.