Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

A cruise from Hell

Sail Date: September 01, 2006

From the very beginning of the trip to the end I experienced nothing but frustration with this ship and the crew. The room was extremely small, we had a deluxe balcony view room. My scooter was broken on the 1st day by a crew member trying to "help". Once the charger was broken the crew refused to keep my means of movement charged up--they were afraid I might sue even though I gladly signed a waiver. Writing to their headquarters proved to be basically futile--they really did not care either. There were other problems as well--from too much smoke to bad service--bad food--just take your pick!

Pros: I liked the places we visited, especially Martha's Vineyard.

Cons: Just about everything else. The ship was basically not handicapped accessible.

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? No.

The room was very small & this was a superior room? The beds were very thin matresses on a plastic frame--not at all comfortable.
The food was just ok--not super as on other ships. The waiters and service in the dining room was terrific.
As stated before, this crew was not the best. There was not enough crew to serve everyone. In the casino or at the shows one had to just about tackle a steward to get a drink--by then who wanted one.
The ship was not well thought out. It was a dark ship on the interior. For a handicapped person to go from place to place I had to either go up or down to the middle floor because the halls were always blocked with carts. I felt I spent the entire cruise waiting on an elevator.
The entertainmet was very good--great variety.