Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The cleanist ship I have been on!

Sail Date: April 02, 2006

I enjoyed Jewel of the Seas. The cruise was to the western Caribbean. As far as the ports of call, Cozumel was a wasted day. Not pretty at all, due to hurricane damage. Costa Maya and Key West was my favorite. The service on the ship was excellent. I can't say enough about how clean everything was! The only thing there was a problem with was leaving the ship on the last day. We stood in a line that was from the door all the way back through the gift shop. Some were "express checkout" and some were going on an excursion in Ft. Lauderdale, when we docked. There was no staff available to direct anyone, as to why there was not a designated line for each. It was just a MASS of people pushing to get off of the ship. Maybe they will work on this. The only other thing, that might be better, is a longer buffet time for those who want to eat later than 8:30. The dining was a little too regimented for a cruise. Other than that, I highly recommend a balcony room, it was awesome. I look forward to cruising on the newest ship "Freedom of the Seas" next time.:)

Pros: Cleanliness

Cons: Express checkout

longer buffet time daily, for those who want to eat later than 8:30. After all,,,it's a cruise...
George Town, Grand Cayman
The tourist part, was not as cultural as I thought it would be. It was just like shopping here at home. I like alot of native items to buy, not items that we can buy at home for the same price or less.
Key West, Florida
l loved it!
waste of time. I overheard a little boy asking his father, why we wasted the longest day here, when we could have spent it in Costa Maya???
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico