Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

First Cruise on Princess

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

My wife and I chose this cruise because of the itinerary. This was also our first cruise with Princess. The embarkation process was GREAT! After a horrible experience in June with Carnival this was very welcomed. From the time we arrived to the time we were in our cabin could not have been more then 30-minutes. The ship was clean and well maintained, except our cabin steward never vacuumed the carpet, forgot to leave a towel one day, and didnt always put the waste cans back in their proper place. But this was minor stuff. The cabin, a balcony (A411), was a bit small especially the shower. In fact the shower was the smallest we have seen on any ship. The balcony was tiny also. Food was average (except the beef, it was not very good, tough stuff to chew) when compared to other cruises we have been on but the dining room service was the best we have had (Rommel & Ivan are super stars). Entertainment was good. They had a great ventriloquist on our cruise and a couple of good comedians. The dancing shows were average. The casino was good, great for the lady who won $485,000, but just good to me. The time in most ports was too short. We had been to Jamaica & Aruba before so the short time there wasnt a problem but I would have enjoyed more time in the other ports. The debarkation experience was good. Everything went very smoothly & quickly. Luggage claim was lacking a little but no worse than other cruise lines. Over all a really fun cruise for my wife and me.

Pros: Embarkation & crowd handling

Cons: Time in ports too short

Recommends Island Princess? Yes!