Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

An unforgettable experience

Sail Date: May 01, 2006

What a ship! The Island Princess was kept immaculate 24/7. The food in her buffet was good. The food in her restaurants was second to none. Her staff and crew were ever so willing to serve and to make our vacation what it turned out to be: unforgettable. From our steward to the cruise director, the level of care and attention to detail was evident at all times. Her bar tenders, her cooks, her clean up crew, her tender pilots... all of them, regardless of how busy they were, had time to stop what they were doing to greet us with a smile and a "hello" or a "how is everything..."; we can't thank them enough for their smiles!

One evening, I was having dinner at one of her restaurants, The Bourdeaux. I finished my dinner and I liked it so much that I hinted to our waiter that I would like "seconds". It was the fastest and convincing "Yes sir" I have ever had the pleasure to receive. A short time later, my second dinner was served.

Her swimming pools and spas were kept in top shape 24/7. The entertaiment shows exceeded my expectaions. I was so pleasantly surprised.

The Island Princess had three dining options; the buffet, assigned seating (traditional cruise dining) and Personnal Choice dining. Everyone was happy with their individual choice.

Our disembarkation was smooth. The crew picked up our luggage the night before and then had it transported to the airport the next day. We retrieved our luggage at the airport with no difficulty.

We have already made our mind up to plan for another cruise with Princess; specifically, Island Princess.

We will STRONGLY recommend Princess Cruises and hope everyone experiences the same good times we had..

Pros: The ship's crew and staff; in my vacation experience (44 y.o.), no one has ever worked harder so that I could relax and have a good vacation.

Cons: Tendering; it cuts time off the port time. Then again, no cruise ship is exempt from having to tender.