Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Very enjoyable cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2007

Overall, a great time. We took the 11-day Panama Canal cruise from Puerto Rico to Acapulco. All the port stops were outstanding, quite interesting, and unique, especially the stops in the "third world" Central American ports. Fortunately, we had very nice weather. And the Broadway-style entertainment shows were second to none!

Pros: Entertainment and Musical Production Shows

Cons: Food

Recommends Island Princess? Yes!

Not bad, but well below other cruise lines I have been on. The breakfast in the Horizon Court Buffet was cold every morning. Our dinner was at 5:45pm every night in the Provence Dining room, and the food was decent.
Medium-sized; not too large, not too small. Always clean, and well-kept.
We had a balcony, and the room was clean, very nice and cozy. It seemed a little larger than on other cruises. Also, the closet was much larger, which was a definite plus.
Not the most helpful, could definitely be better. Since I had a late flight, I wanted to take a post-cruise excursion, but none was available for me through Princess. When I was off the ship and had collected my baggage, I was able to find a local excursion on my own, but none of the staff members during the cruise informed me of this. Throughout the cruise, it seemed like we had to find out a lot of things for ourselves. Had this been my first cruise, I would have been rather confused.
The musical production shows were the best I have ever seen. Incredible talent and vocalists.