Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Our First Cruise

Sail Date: September 01, 2007

For our first cruise it was absolutely stupendous. We enjoyed our balcony but because it was so cool, we did not spend too much time on it. But being able to see the scenery as we went up the coast was really neat.

What we did not like was too much selling and pushing of merchandise while we were on board. I think that it would be good to know it is available but not be so pushy.

Pros: Everything! Everyone was so nice, food was good, ship is beautiful.

Cons: Only lobster one night, having to dress formal, not long enough in ports. Went Inside Passage North to Alaska and would have been nice to have two days in each port. A little foggy but is normal for September. Would like to see the gratuity be a volunteer choice not mandatory.

Recommends Island Princess? Yes!

I would like to have had to option of Lobster and not such fancy type meals.
Sonme of the shows were not what I expected. I expected a little more upscale.
Would like to see self-help laundromats at both ends of ship.
Would have like to have more drawer space.