Unforgettable

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Independence of the Seas

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 29, 2018

Ship: Independence of the Seas

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 1667

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Felt seperate from me friends because of the 17 and 18 yr old split, but overall it was a good time. The vegetarian dishes were great, however, I am vegan and so are a few of my friends and we tended to have very limited options. The ship’s service and cleaniliness were exceptional as well as the entertainment.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

My servers were amazing. They memorized my name from the first day and knew how I wanted coffee with every dessert. They were extremely bubbly and nice to talk to. My servers were at 8pm at table 162 I think with servers Gede and another of which I can not remember. They provided excellent service and an amazing emotional connection.

As a senior, it was really annoying to be seperated on everything for our senior trip. For example, my friends could enter adult vball tournaments, but I couldn’t because I was 17. We felt like we were divided a lot of the time because of this and it would be nice for my parents to be able to sign some waiver that allows me to be responsible for myself in those instances. Also, the pool was ALWAYS full and by the time it was free, both the pools and hottubs were closed. A 10 pm closing is a little ridiculous with a bunch of adults and teens sailing on a giant cruise ship.

Solarium

Always full and closed much too early.

Extremely talented performers and entertainers. Every show was a thrill to watch and an unforgettable experience. I was especially impressed with Private Stock and Freeze Frame

Studio B

phenomenal ice performance. Some performers would impress the Olympic committee.

Could not mingle with my 18 year old friends anywhere because we were always seperated. There should we waivers so that my 18 year old friends can spend time with me in the teens club or I could attend the Labyrinth with them.

Fuel Teen Club

Not very fun and not inclusive enough.

All of my service was polite, attentive, and caring. Wonderful experience overall.

The ship was extremely clean, however, because the boat held so many people, the venues were often overpact and hard to manuever through.

Comfortable and cozy. Always clean. No complaints.

Ports of call

Amazing experiences. The dolphin excursions the boat offers are both amazing.

George Town, Grand Cayman

The excursion was with a provate owner on a cadmaran and it was well worth every penny.

Disembarkation