Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Great weekend getaway

Sail Date: April 14, 2016

Very nice short cruise. After a not so good cruise 2 mo. ago on a different cruise line we wanted a positive experience on a cruise line that have been very good to us and was not disappointed.

The staff, especially Jemar our waiter was excellent. The upkeep on the cabin was excellent. Staff all over the ship very friendly and was always fun to hear, washy washy whenever you entered a eating place. Felt like we were entering a very clean areas.

The entertainment as usual on R.C. was excellent. Always look forward to the excellent shows.

The only bad experience was disembarking. Was total chaos, everybody trying to get off at one time. Lines all over the place and nobody knew which line to be in, after awhile we found our line and we were suppose to be 2nd group off but with the rest of the ship in the area trying to push their way was very nerve racking.

Was very tense when got to security then our luggage was lost and nobody could really help. After security told us to look for our number nothing they could do, Royal shuttle tried calling different places, nothing, got to Delta, talked with them and R.C. reps, nothing they could really do also. Finally after some calls from home in Minnesota we got a call the next day and they found it and were told we have to have a cashiers check for $48 for them to send us our suitcase. As a business owner I'm a little disappointed with their response. I would never charge my customer for a mistake I made. Through 27 years in business I've had at times corrected my mistake and told them I'm sorry and made them happy. It's not the money that bothers me it's their reaction.

That said at age 70, we won't let one episode sour our love for Royal Caribbean. We have another cruise booked for the Harmony of the Seas next Feb. and look forward to seeing a brand new state of the art ship. We want to try the best ships as long as we can.

Enjoy your cruises.

Cruise Photos

For those of you that like to run or walk on the beautiful track around the top floor, best to use it before 9 a.m or up to about 2 p.m. on port days. Rest of time congested with people sitting in recliners that spill out into the track and people 2 or 3 wide slowly walking and talking on the track.