What a wonderful Vacation!

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 31, 2016

I would have liked to rate this as "excellent", and I almost did....however, that would mean that everything was perfect, and I think thee are some things that can be improved on.

My stateroom and my stateroom attendant were excellent.  I had what I needed, the room was kept clean and my attendant was very nice.

I purchased the Ultimate Drink Package at a premium price, but was still charged $2.95 when I asked for a coke with my lunch (room service) --- this is a bit ridiculous since I paid over $250 for my drink package for 4 days.

I found there was a lack of social activities for older adults.  My son took me on this cruise, and I was hoping to be able to mix and mingle with some older people but there did not seem to be any mixers or "meetings" for anyone except the Red Hat Society and LGBT --- so if there was, maybe they need to be more evident.

My son signed me up for the adult cupcake decorating class at Cupcake Cupboard----to my disappointment, there were children in my class-----so why do you have an "adult" and a "childrens" class to sign up for, but then allow children in the adult class.....I wanted to AVOID children....very disappointed with that.

The website stated that "Grease" was the show (prior do cruise date) but that was not being performed on the ship-----maybe more clearer details about itinerary and activities on board BEFORE the sailing date.

The main dining room service was AWESOME and my waiter and assistant waiter, both from Philippines, were THE BEST.....could not have asked for better service.  I would expect the food to be a little better in the main dining room----the temperature of the food was not what I would want it to be.

I was introduced to my first Martini by the Romanian bartenders in the Champagne Bar....they are all AWESOME!  I am now hooked on COSMO's....thanks guys, hope to see you again on a future cruise.....

Happy

Temperature of food could be a bit hotter.

Great service in main dining room and the Champagne Bar

Great cabin.....great service....Awesome views.

Visit the Romanian bartenders in the Champagne Bar!