Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise was good but the Food was not

Sail Date: December 01, 2013

The overall cruise was pretty good. This was my 7th cruise and I was very disappointed in the quality and variety of food served in both the Buffet Dining room and the main dining room. With the addition of the specialty restaurant's on the ship\, the menu in the main dining room has become just a basic restaurant. The more desirable meals\, that used to be served in the main dining room are now available for an extra cost in the specialty
restaurants. The \"My Time Dining\" is also a pain. It is difficult to know when you want to each day before that morning\, since we do not get the day's itinerary until the morning. The shows were not at consistent times to allow you to plan before you got the schedule. The breakfast foods available in the buffet were the same everyday and basically tasteless. The sausage gravy was made with sausage links and was tasteless. Even the pastries were mostly tasteless.
The Ice Show was fantastic. The other shows were OK.
My last cruise was on Celebrity\, and though they have a common owner\, this cruise was no where near the experience of that cruise.

Pros: The destinations and the ship's design

Cons: The addition of the new speciality resturants has moved the best meals out of the main dining room.

Recommends Independence of the Seas? No.

We loved the Promenade.
See above
Not as quick or friendly with help as on my other cruises
Only the Ice Show was really great