Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First-time Cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2013

This was my first cruise and I had no idea what to expect. I typically vacation at all-inclusive resorts on islands. Boarding was well organized and hassle-free. The ship was very clean and the staff was extremely courteous. The food was AMAZING. I enjoy fine-dining and the food on the ship exceeded my expectations. We didn't eat at any of the specialty restaurants as the food in the dining room was so wonderful\, it didn't make sense to. Given that I enjoy visiting islands that was my favorite part of the trip. And also why I was not a huge fan of being at sea for 3 days. If I go again I would find a cruise w/ more port stops. Being at sea was more bearable given the quality of the entertainment. I've seen about every Vegas show there is and thought the shows on the ship would be cheesy in comparison however the talent on board was very impressive\, especially the ice skaters - wow!

Pros: The food!

Cons: At Sea

Recommends Independence of the Seas? Yes!

Our room was often cleaned several times a day!