Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Last cruise with royal caribbean

Sail Date: February 01, 2014

My first impression was negative when I had to go pick up my luggage 8 hours after I turned it in. It was being held on deck one because the x ray had revealed a 3 inch pocket knife in my packed first aid kit. They deemed this a dangerous weapon and confiscated it. This pretty much contributed to my overall impression of the ship.
I left the ship at 0615 and the ship didn't bother to get the confiscated items to the terminal until 0715. They really didn't care, which pretty much sums up the feeling I got during the cruise and validated my first impression.

Pros: Price

Cons: Lack of judgement and attitude of the crew

Recommends Independence of the Seas? No.

The buffet was much better than the dining room. Dining room food was practically the same every night and boring.
Stateroom was ok, but the location was terrible. It was right above the lounge that had loud music every night, sometimes past midnight.
Only one good show, the ice show, the others were worthless and a waste of time