Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

1st Vacation in 3 yrs.

Sail Date: December 07, 2013

My husband and I looked forward to this vacation for months.  Then came and awful ice storm that shutdown Dallas airport.  We were diverted to Chicago and then on to our final destination--Fort Lauderdale, to catch our cruise.  But we arrived too late to catch our Cruise Ship, so we flew to St. Maarten to board our ship to finish our cruise.  We must have caught  some kind of a virus that attacked our lungs because I had to go to ICU to spend 24 hrs and get treated for a lung infection.  I stayed in the cabin for the duration of our vacation while my husband tried to enjoy the ship and all the sunshine.  The food was wonderful, a great variety of which I was very grateful and alot of different things to do for him.  Our cabin was ample size and even though I was sporting a wheel chair, we had plenty of room.  (inside cabin)  However, couldn't wait to get home to see a Doctor.  If you take this ship,  you will not be disappointed.