Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A revitalizing experience

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

We recently sailed the Independence of the Seas Western Caribbean itinerary which left us with a revitalizing feeling. We are a young couple that lives a very hectic life and have not been on a vacation in over three years. This was our second cruise with RCCL and like the last was not disappointed in any aspect. When we boarded the Independence we were welcomed by a friendly staff with open arms. Our first impression of the ship was of course the size, but RCCL makes it very easy to navigate throughout the boat. I was completely impressed with the cleanliness of the boat and the staff that they have working around the clock to make sure everything is shinning which includes our stateroom. We stayed in a balcony cabin that was plenty big enough for the two of us, honestly there was so much to do on the ship that we found ourselves hardly in the room anyways. The layout of the ship was amazing as there was areas designated for adults as well as kids and RCCL did it right by putting areas on opposite ends of the ship for those that care to be left alone. The mix of people was great and even though we were on a ship that could accommodate 3000 plus, we hardly felt like there was that many people there. For me the best part of the ship was the variety of food, there was a perfect mix of food options for breakfast, lunch and dinner and for the snackers like me, options were limitless. Dinner was by far my favorite meal as the menu was always changing with great selections but we were also lucky enough to have two very entertaining gentlemen in our waiter and his assistant. My girlfriend happens to be a vegetarian and our waiter made sure that there was something for her every night which was a big plus in my book. We made stops at Belize, Puerto Costa Maya, and Cozumel and found each one to have there pluses but in my opinion you need to book excursions in Belize to make sure you get the most out of your stay there. Costa Maya had a great beach to go to with a simple cab ride and of course Cozumel was the highlight with great beaches and great bars!!! Overall, I can say nothing but good things about RCCL and the way they take care of their guests. We have already started looking into our next cruise and will without question be with RCCL.

Pros: Ships atmosphere

Cons: Knowing the cruise had come to an end

Recommends Independence of the Seas? Yes!