Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The Best Cruise Ever!

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

Room Type: Suite

This vacation was amazing from beginning to end. Becca, our travel agent with was so helpful, and got us and our friends such a good rate for the Junior Suite. We never expected such a great accommodation. The huge walk-in closet blew us away, as did the enormous veranda! We had a ball on the ship. Lots to do all the time--- more than we could even begin to do. Something for everyone, from art to the casino.

Pros: The Promendade, shops, entertainment, spa and workout facility, Junior Suite (huge veranda, walk-in closet)

Cons: Can't think of ANYTHING I didn't like.

Recommends Independence of the Seas? Yes!

Food was very good, but not exceptional. We did not eat in any of the restaurants with an extra charge, so can't comment on them. We loved our dining room staff (we had the late seating at 8:30 which is the perfect time). Bar service could have been a little more attentive, but overall they were great.
I did not see the room steward as much as on some other ships, but that suited us fine. The steward was happy to wait to clean our room until we were out, and it was always clean when we returned to the suite after lunch. Turn down service and cleaning in the evening as well. I like the mini-bar stocked with diet drinks, and the steward kept it filled throughout the cruise without prompting. Wait staff for our assigned late dining was great. Very personable, and we enjoyed talking with them, and kidding around. They knew our likes and dislikes quickly.
Entertainment is very varied and excellent. The cruise director is a hoot, and the 70s Revue, especially the Macho Men is not to be missed! Enjoyed the late night entertainment as well. Karaoke should have been in a larger venue, as many left due to no seating. The Latin Bar and band was excellent and we had a ball there. Should have every night though, instead of just 3 times during the cruise
Even though I had no children with me on this cruise, I would have to say the programs must have been excellent. I rarely saw children anywhere, and this was something I worried about with Royal Caribbean. They must have been somewhere, as I would see them when we went to shore, but I rarely saw kids on board.
In a word, GORGEOUS! Clean and beautiful. Huge but easy to get around. Elevators were quick to return, and there were plenty of them.
Junior Suite exceeded our expectation. Larger than regular suites on other ships. Enormous veranda. Walk-in closet! Big bathroom with a large (for a ship) vanity. Storage everywhere. Room tended to be a little warm, even with the thermostat as low as it would go. Seemed to fluctuate by itself. I heard that comment from others as well. But this was not a big problem--- I never even reported it during our stay, but did mention it on a comment card after.