Excellent Cruise

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: January 01, 2010
Ship: Independence of the Seas
The ship was absolutely beautiful. there was nothing about it I didn't love. There was so much to do on the ship I didn't get to do it all. The pools were great. I loved the fact that they were not salt water. I have been on two Carnival ships and the pools were salt water and I hated that. There were so many pools and hot tubs on this ship that you never felt crowded.

The food was excellent. I loved the make your own pasta station. something I have never seen before. The selection was fabulous at the Windjammer. The service at both the windjammer and Romeo and Juliet was outstanding. The staff was so friendly and very helpful. There was nothing I had the entire week that was not outstanding. The only suggestion I have is that the ice cream station was called Sprinkles but there were never any sprinkles for your ice cream.

The ice skating show was the best ever. I have never seen such great tricks on the ice. the comedy shows were good too. I thought the guy who did the closing night show was the best. The variety of activities on the ship was great. The sports section was excellent. I wish I had time to enjoy more of it.

Staff quality was excellent. Everyone that took care of us went above and beyond. the state room attendant was great. He made us the best towel animals. The ladies I was with asked for a lot of things and he was great. We chatted with him the hall like we knew him for years. The waiter in the romeo and Juliet always made us feel so good and missed when we didn't make it to dinner. He gave us great tips for the ports and allowed us to eat way too much.

The cleanliness of the ship was excellent. I don't ever recall anything ever being nothing but spotless. The decor was beautiful.

The beds were actually pretty comfortable. the size of the room was ok. A small room for 3 ladies is not the best thing in the world but you arent in the room much so it's ok.

Pros: Ice Skating show, food and activities

Cons: beaches at ports

Recommends Independence of the Seas? Yes!