An Awesome Cruise Experience!

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 07, 2008
Ship: Independence of the Seas
I was very impressed with the Independence of the Seas! It's the largest ship I've been on. I loved the Flow Rider, it was fun to watch people try it out. I also tried Portofino for the first time. It was outstanding!!! I will definitely have dine there again.

We loved going to dinner, it is our favorite meal experience. I loved my Portifino experience! I can't wait to try Chops too. As for the dining room, we were a little dissappointed by the service we received from our waiter. She was slow and left us waiting for long periods of time before she returned to check on us. This was the first time we had ever experienced this on a ship.

We enjoyed the jungle walk/cave tubling excursion. It was different than anything we have every tried. It was a blast! I would do it again in a heart beat!

The guest relations staff was very friendly and helpful. And was very accomodating. We loved our stateroom attendant, the staff in the various restaurants were great.

The ship is relatively new. I appreciated the new clean environment.

Our stateroom was what we expected since we have already cruised with Royal Caribbean several times. We were very comfortable, our room was very clearn and we loved the new flat screen HDTV addition.
A growing port stop. We did most of our shopping here! A fun environment to visit. We caught a cab and rode into town and visited the Tappas bar on the beach. The food and service was great! Shopping there was good too, we got awesome deals. I can't wait to visit Costa Maya again.
Cozumel was nice. Lots of shops to choose from. The food is good in the area. We took a ferry over to Playa de Carmen and Cancun. It made for a awesome day of shopping and Mexican culture.
We tried the jungle walk and cave tubing excursion. If you like nature or would like to try something a little different then I highly encourage this excursion.

Pros: Johnny Rockets, the Flow Rider, Portofino, the Ice Skating Rink and the Broadway style shows.

Cons: The general dining room service was slower than what I typically recieve.

Recommends Independence of the Seas? Yes!