Horizon (RETIRED) Cruise Review

This was our third third cruise and we were overwhelmed at the value and service during our first two cruises. We take one vacation a year and are sold on only taking cruises (no thanks to this one, if it had been our first, it would have been our LAST). The cabins were cleaned twice a day, which is what you can expect. Neves, our cabin steward, was very attentive when we asked for something. Every time he would see us in the hallway he was sure to say hello and inquire as to how we were doing. I felt he was excellent and very willing to take care of our needs. The Aqua Spa staff was wonderful, very informative and extremely pleasant, especially Mignon! I thoroughly enjoyed the band Logic, but rarely saw them performing. Poolside waiters and waitresses were very attentive, although there was only one that went above and beyond by saying hello any where she saw us, and was always inquiring as to how we were doing -- this was Rosella. Our waiter and assistant waiter at dinner were exceptional, but the assistant waiter was not there the last two evenings. I believe he cut his hand and could not lift anything. I was disappointed that he did not show up on the last day to at least say goodbye and/or to thank us for the tip. These were the only people that made our experience enjoyable this cruise. The officers were not pleasant, seemed irritated with the passengers. Most of the crew seemed as though they were doing their jobs but were not enjoying it and did not give the impression they were there for the passengers. There must have been a lot of complaining because it seemed as the week progressed the moral of crew and passengers went down hill. Customer service was a HUGE joke!!! We were traveling with two other couples who did not get any service from them (but these are not my stories to tell). I had called customer service twice throughout the cruise just to ask a couple questions and they came across as extremely short and rude. I did go down to customer service toward the end of the cruise to see if they could give us the same photo deal that is advertised in the gallery. The advertisment was to recieve two 5x7 photos in a portfollio with a ship photo in the middle. We chose to purchase two 8x10s and have three sets of 5x7s made for the portfolios. We were told this was possible, but when we went back they were going to charge us to make the photos and charge us for the portfolios which came to over $130, when if we had chosen photos that were already 5x7 the same three sets would have come to $60. I understood the photo gallery probably could not get around the computer programming but they do process the photos and did not understand why they WOULD NOT just process 5X7s so they could sell us the package they were offering. Another thing I was upset about was being in the bar with the other people in our group and I had to buy ice tea in a can. Not only do I think this tastes awful but this is not something you are supposed to have to spend money on!!!!! And the DJ -- I get the impression he plays the music he likes. I saw people requesting music but I did not get the impression he was playing it. Personally, I would save my money and go somewhere less expensive for this kind of service. We are going back to Carnival next year... I want more from my vacation, and had it not been for the three people who really stuck out, in my judgment, I would not even given 1 star. On other cruises, we wanted to continue the experience another week or two, this one I was ready to go home on the third day. My wife left a couple things out. According to Celebrity's web site, it saysthe age they service is 30 to 50. I think you should add 20 years to that. All the bars and lounges are set up like they are out of a "Rat Pack" movie. I think that out of 12 bars they could have set one up for a younger client. And service went downhill during the cruise. This is our last cruise with Celebrity.