Horizon (RETIRED) Cruise Review

We have traveled with Celebrity many times, in fact, it is our favorite cruise line. We have cruised on 20 different ships including some of Carnival's and Royal Caribbean's. First of all the port of Miami was a real treat. I was not sure I would like sailing from the port at night, but Miami was beautiful with all the lights. The food was great as usual, although the choices were not up to standards. The service was wonderful. Always 5 stars here!!We were really looking forward to Progresso. The weather turned bad and it took them too long to change the itinerary to avoid rough seas. We have traveled at Christmas before and never had so many children on the ship. It reminded me of being on Carnival. Our children were with us also, but I don't think the groups had enough to keep them busy. The problem could have been, in all fairness, maybe a lot of the children just didn't get involved. Most of the entertainment was, in my opinion, rated a 2. It was not the usual. The exception to that would be the comedian, who deserved 4 stars and the music group "Logic," which were 5-star all the way. I am close to 50 and the music was very tasteful and seem to please the children as well as the adults. I wish they made a CD, I would have purchased one.The casino was way "too tight." I know not everyone can be a winner, I guess the only way you win is to stay out of it!!Embarkation and disembarkation were fine, except it was very disorganized getting luggage and even worse were the transfers handled through the ship, again not the norm for Celebrity.Over all, we had a good time and would go with Celebrity again and hope that this was just "one of those cruises" that could have been better.