Horizon (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Hello. I am a 13-year-old and my first cruise was on November 16, 2001, on Celebrity's Horizon. Since this was my first cruise I have nothing to compare it to. But whether I have gone on one cruise or 10 cruises, it was still an AMAZING expierence for me. I had the best time of my life! Even if the ship would have been bad, I'm almost positive that I would have had a good time. At port calls, I only got off the ship three out of the four times. The first and second time it was "painless." But the third time the cruise staff told everyone that there was five ships taking turns to get to the pier, so this took about a half hour which was a little disappointing. But the half- hour wait was worth it. The islands were fantastic! Going onto food...WOW! I had never seen anything like it! The food was absolutely, positvly fantastic! Now, if you're a child reading this, there wasn't a lot to do for the children. But if you're lazy and just want to relax, like me, this is a great cruise. There were two nights that the same comedian was there and he was fantastic. He didn't swear, he kept it clean as there was many kids on the ship. There was a talent show which really stunk badly. Now I'm only 13, so I didn't like the pianist, but he was OK as the older crowd enjoyed him. Just like a lot of the other reviewers on this web site said, there was more of an older crowd than anything. There was another person who said about 200 kids were onboard and I think he was right. Now, with my dad liking to gamble, I was outside the casino a lot watching him lose...haha. The casino looked nice to me with everything there. The only thing was that there wasn't nearly enough gamblers as I thought there would be. Our waiter and busboy were great! Branko and Marino. So overall this was a great cruise.