Horizon (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Overall: To be fair, cruise is port intensive, basically a ferry and hotel to Bermuda. This can explain the poor entertainment and food, however I find the crew attitude inexcusable. What we learned is that you get what you pay for. This is the cheapest cruise to Bermuda. It would have been well worth cruising on any other ship. As a cheap ferry and hotel in Bermuda it was fine, but as a cruise it was a disappointment. Given the negative value of the cruise, I'd recommend flying and staying in a hotel rather than take this cruise. Typically a hotel won't kick you out of your deck chair and the pool 2 hours before sunset.These complaints were not isolated cases. Many passengers were distressed by the attitude aboard. When the attendant unceremoniously kicked everyone out of the pool (a sizeable crowd), they were about to mutiny. All pleas and questions to the crew about why they need to close the pool were met with disinterest. His job was to close the pool no matter how many paying passengers were enjoying the afternoon sun. I have pictures of the cleared out and netted pool, as well as the deck being cleaned and chairs stacked on an obviously gorgeous sunny afternoon with many irritated passengers standing by.In no way could I recommend Celebrity. Cruises can vary from week to week and ship to ship; however, I must strongly caution anyone considering a Celebrity cruise, and especially the Horizon. Spend the extra money, go on a cruise line that cares, basically anyone else. Your time is important, don't waste it on a cruise that is less than it could be.