Horizon (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Over all the trip was wonderful. The only problem was with our cabin. We were 3 people to the room and it was not suitable for an elderly midly handicapped woman. We were on the Atlantic Deck and had a pull out bed. I slept in it the first night and it was like sleeping in a hammock! My head and feet were raised and my torso sunk in the middle. Called a steward and he placed a wood bracket on the frame, this hardly helped. In the morning we spoke to the cabin stewardess and she said the only thing she could do for us was to put some blankets under the mattress, or else sleep on the floor! We tried the blankets and it helped make it a little better. Then we faced the problem that when the bed was opened up, the other 2 people in the room could not access the bathroom unless we climbed on and over the pullout that my 85yr old mother was sleeping on. Needless to say no one got much sleep on this cruise. We asked for a cabin change and were denied. The attitude was "tough" talk to your travel agent! I finally told her not to open the pullout bed and took the cushions from that and put them on the floor and slept on that for 5 days. So, all I can say it was a horror! Make sure you know what you what type of sleeping arrangements you are goiong to get if you travel with more than 2 people. We are planning another Bermuda cruise in 2001 with 5 people and with the service we received I doubt it will be on the Horizon again. At the present I am trying to get an email address for Celebrity as I would like to register my complaint with them, but so far I have not been able to find their email address. What a disappointing cruise!Cazzie 602