A so-so cruise

Holiday Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Mobile Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 21, 2008
Ship: Holiday
I was very unimpressed by the state of the Holiday cruise ship. Everything appeared very run-down and old, the Lido (outdoor) deck always smelled of puke, the pool was very very tiny - only fitting about 15 people in it, the decor of the ship was from the 80s or early 90s. Despite the quality of the ship, my friend and I made the best of it and enjoyed our time.

The food was very good, I especially liked having continental breakfast (cereal, fruit, toast) delivered to my room every morning.

I enjoyed the comedy shows but didn't care for the other country dancing shows they had. The schedule of activities can sometimes be overbearing when you are just trying to relax - the Australian director screaming over the intercom speakers telling you what to do gets old very quick.

The staterooms were very small, but clean at all times. The bathroom is the size of a bathroom on an airplane, no joke.
Snorkeling was a lot of fun! The best deals are found closer to the port, downtown prices were outrageous. El Toronto Restaurant was the best. It's located downtown on the 2nd floor.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling
Don't Miss: Snorkeling

Pros: Snorkeling in Cozumel & Dancing in the Reflections Disco Bar

Cons: The Carnival Holiday ship

Recommends Holiday? No.