great family cruise

Holiday Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Mobile Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 24, 2008
Ship: Holiday
The Holiday may be the oldest ship of the fleet, but they have a great crew (very friendly). The cruise director, Steve, is very funny and a great fiddle player! There are so many activities you can't do them all. The shows are great; the food is excellent. We didn't have to worry about our kids ( if they were safe or having a good time) - they couldn't wait to get to their Camp Carnival activities. This was our first cruise so we really didn't know what to expect, but we had such a great time that we are ready for another cruise.

I liked the buffet at the "Wharf" but the downside is waiting in the long lines. I went to the Seven Seas for the "fancy" dinner, but we had to wait over an hour for our food and some of the other guests at the next table were very loud. The room service was also nice.

the shows were great. The cruise director, Steve, told such funny jokes I laughed until I had tears in my eyes!

The kids couldn't wait to get to their next activity. I felt they were safe with the camp counselors who seemed to genuinely like working with the kids.

they were very friendly

It was made in 1985 and shows it's age in some areas, but we had a great time!

The room was neat and clean; the housekeeper was very nice and helpful. The only bad experience about the room was some people in the next room making a lot of noise at night.
It was very hot and muggy-if I go again I would go during the fall. We would have liked to do some of the shore excursions like swimming with the dolphins, but it was too expensive.

Pros: lots of fun activities

Cons: long lines for buffet

Recommends Holiday? Yes!