A holiday on the Holiday

Holiday Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

Sail Date: April 01, 2008
Ship: Holiday
My 4th cruise on Carnival. I always enjoy myself, since I can make my own fun. My friend, Lori, this was her first on carnival but 2nd cruise overall.
The two downside to this cruise and it wasn't Carnival's fault was Progreso was canceled due to high winds (35 knots) and our excursion in Cozumel was canceled due to heavy seas. We did go on an excursion to Punta Sur, which was excellent, but more strenuous they we both thought. But again we enjoyed ourselves and made the most of it! Which we both do very well.
Embarkation was easy and quick. Parking th ecar to entering the ship was about 30 minutes!
Debarkation was easy also, for the first time we put our luggage outside the cabin and we retrieved it in the terminal. All I can say is thank goodness for wheels on luggage! From the time they called us to the time we got to the car was about an hour.
All of our meals except for 2 we had in the Seven Seas Dining room. They are awesome and took care of us very well. they knew what we drank and how we liked it and it was ready every time for dinner!
Room Service was great! We order it a few times for a snack. The would say 30 minutes and it was 30 minutes! Very efficient!
Of all the stuff that was offered to see and do we did our best to see and do all of it. Dance classes, ice carving, midnight buffet, towel folding class, games, bingo, casino, photos, meeting and talking to others, shows, etc...

Our dining server was the best! We sat at table 246 Seven Seas Dining Room, early seating!

The shows were great! Xtreme Country and Shout! were wonderful. The comedians (we had 2) were funny and made us all laugh.

The social hosts, cruise director and the "Bingo Queen" were great! They made a fun cruise for all!

I liked the ship, the decor was different, loved the bus on Broadway. The pictures on the walls were art that you could purchase. I liked the tiled murals on the walls by the elevators. All of the areas of the ship were clean or being clean!

Our steward cleaned our room and made us towel animals every night! I do live my towel animals!

Pros: Their was so much to like...couldn't name just one

Cons: Leaving the ship at the end of my vacation

Recommends Holiday? Yes!