Fun first cruise

Holiday Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: March 01, 2008
Ship: Holiday
This was Carnival's smallest ship. Since it was my first cruise, I think it was perfect- I didn't know what to expect. The staff and crew were extremely friendly and always helpful. I think that attitude carried over to the guests, who were also friendly.

Night dining in the Four Winds was excellent. Daytime dining was good.

There were not a ton of activities, but again, it was my first cruise and only a 4 day one at that. For the length of the cruise, the number of activities were adequate. The shows at night were very well done and lots of fun.

I didn't use the children's programs per se, but there were over 400 children on the ship. I only know that because I was told on the last day. I would have never guessed the number to be that high. We were vacationing without our children and were never bothered by the children running around, which tells me that the kids and parents must have enjoyed the programs.

Very friendly staff. The service I received was as good as any I have ever received in my life.

It is an older ship, which is the reason for the rating not being higher. The ship was always very clean.

The room was very small- television did not work properly- not that we spent much time in the room.
Cozumel was nice- the people were friendly. We did the horseback riding excursion which, while in no way living up to their advertising, was still fun. If I had it to do again, I would probably go snorkeling

Pros: Staff/crew, food, entertainment

Cons: Television in room was small and not working

Recommends Holiday? Yes!