2 curises on the Holiday

Holiday Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: September 01, 2007
Ship: Holiday
Overall, both times my husband and I have cruised on the Holiday, we have been very impressed with the service and quality of food. I think the ship is a littl old and need of refurbishment but considering I think it's doing very well. There are lots of nice people to meet and talk with along the way. I never had any problems with water being dirty or bad service. Anything we needed they got for us. I would like to see a variety in activities as it seems they don't really change much from cruise to cruise. I'm not a gambler but still found stuff to occupy my time. The pools do need to be open more and there definitely needs to be an adult time since the kids are supposed to have their own activities. Also like I mentioned above, I'd love to see them leave the jacuzzi open til later so that you can come out on deck at night and enjoy it. Overall, it was a great experience and I know I'll do it again.

The food was outstanding as always and not just in the dining room. The lunch buffets had something for everyone, and if not there's always the 24 hour pizzeria. I enjoyed eating at the 8pm seating but sometimes we did miss out on events due to our late seating. But I didn't want to eat any earlier.

Since this was our second time on the Holiday we had already done a lot of the activities that they had to offer. I would like to see the schedule of events change a little more often so that you have different options when sailing with them. The comedy shows were funny, bingo is always a lot of fun, and if you're a gambler than this is the place for you. The duty free store has a wide variety of gifts to purchase and there was just always something to do. Just needs more variety.

Although I would like to see less kids at the main pool since they have their own activities scheduled.

Our room was always clean. A couple of times they didn't replace sodas or water that we had drank but everyone was very nice and willing to get you anything you needed.

It is kind of crazy getting around on the 8th deck but no real big problems. The decor was fine, I'm not really there for the decor.

The staterooms are fine. We've always had an oceanview room so that helps let some light in and doesn't make you feel so chlosterphobic. My room was always clean. This past time we were more towards the aft of the ship so it would get loud in the mornings when we pulled into ports.

Pros: The food was delicious as always; the staff very helpful and attentative; and considering the ship was used for FEMA I felt it was in good condition

Cons: Pools were overcrowded; all but one outdoor bar closed really early; need to have jacuzzi open during night hours because no one wants to sit in a hot tub when it's 95 degrees outside

Recommends Holiday? Yes!