A Nice First Cruise

Holiday Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: June 01, 2007
We enjoyed our cruise, but we did note some room for improvement. First, shortly after we got on the ship they were selling drink cards (for sodas). I thought that this was required to get anything to drink, so I purchased one. However, shortly thereafter I realized that iced tea, milk, and juices are included, so the card was only optional. My misunderstanding. Also, the elevators were very small, causing us to often wait for another elevator that was not full. This suggestion comes from our 15-year-old daughter: for club O2, there should be a get-to-know-you session before the events. Something was scheduled our first afternoon, yet no one showed up to organize it, so no one hung around. When she tried to join the teens at the dance club that night, most of them were already in groups, making her feel left out. The rest of the cruise she spent with her boring parents!
On the positive side, although the cabin was small (which I expected), it was comfortable. Also, the food was delicious, and the wait staff was top-notch! They were playful and helpful. We also enjoyed the talent night (of which I participated!) It was just good, clean fun.

Pros: 24-hour pizza/ice cream

Cons: Small elevators and the herding of passengers

Recommends Holiday? Yes!