False advertising

Holiday Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: February 01, 2007
I recently traveled on the Carnival "Holiday" out of Mobile, AL. I discovered something interesting while on this cruise.

The cruise lines advertises two ports of call, one in Cozumel and one in Calica. We were not able to stop in Calica due to high winds. I later learned from an employee that the ship has only docked in Calica not more than three times in the past five months due to wind.

In my opinion, Carnival falsely advertises this as a port of call, knowing before hand that a stop in Calica will most likely not occur due to winds. I want other future travelers to know about this. I did in fact contact Carnival, however I don't expect anything to be done about this.

Pros: cheap

Cons: food

Recommends Holiday? No.