Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

Second cruise on Holiday

Sail Date: May 14, 2009

This was my second time on Holiday and my 9th with Carnival, so I do know what to expect. I will start out that yes the Holiday is the smallest and oldest ship of the fleet, but it does have the same cabins (sans LCD TV), same crew training and the same menu, so outside of 'jumbotrons' at the pool, for the most part a good represenataion of Carnival. I was a little dissapointed in the fact that being a one port-stop cruise, there was no repeat cruiser party and the coveted lapel pin (at least coveted by me anyway). I know it is not the case, but there always seems to be some reason not to have the party. Cruise too short, not enough stops. Also as others may have noted, no midnight gala buffet (who cares really anyway) AND surprisingly no appetizers at the Captains gala.... BUT the drinks were flowing quite nicely.

Pros: Carnival consistency

Cons: lack of izopod thrusters. No repeat guest party

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? Yes!

Key West, Florida
Not much really to do a KW... it is more of a state of mind more than a 'must-do' destinantion. There is a train trolley tour that takes you all over the island with a lot of good info. The aquarium is also a good one time thing as well.