Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I'm glad they are retireing the Holiday.

Sail Date: December 15, 2008

It looks clean and well maintained but there was brown water coming out of my tap, the whole cruise. It wasn't as noticable in the shower, but my white shower poof is tan now. Luckily I have dark hair...
The food, service and comedy was great just like my other 4 Carnival cruises.
The only problem was the brown water. It made me not want to brush my teeth and I had to use all the bottled water I took on board. When I asked to have just one bottle on water comp'd to me for the trouble the Info dest staff said the would and never did. Then never address the brown water either. I would NEVER sail on the Holiday again, even if they weren't retiring it.

Pros: Ports of call: Calica and Cozumel

Cons: The brown water coming from my bathroom sink!

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? No.

Calica, Mexico
See the ruins and the sweet little beach they have at Talum. The iguanas are really cool all over the place. Kids would love them, I think. Don't waste your time with the small "talum" site on the right off the highway on the way to the Real Talum, it was dumb, not guided and they ripped us off for a few dollars, claiming they didn't have change. Don't pay for the tractor-train ride to the ruins, the walk will help you with the buffet weight from the cruise. It's just enough of a walk to get your blood pumping, My 60 year old Mom could do it. Plus you don't encourage use of the loud, smoke belching tractors.
Don't Miss: Talum! The big souvinere shop with the free Marg's is good, NOT a ripoff...
Snorkel with a guide off of a boat in a group, it was great, worth every penny. Don't waste your time paying for a taxi to the other side of the island unless you are a shopaholic and afraid of the water or something.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling.