Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Crew...OLD ship!! =(

Sail Date: March 03, 2007

I will never go on this ship again. Since this was my frist Carnival ship I have been on, I might never go on another since this one was so run down.

Pros: The crew I came in contact with were helpful, polite and friendly!! That is probably one of the most important things to kno about a ship. The entertainment on the ship: poolside, in the lounges, at dinner, were all fantastic!! The dining room food was great!! Pizza served 24-7 on the ship.

Cons: The BUFFET WAS GROSS!! I have been on a NCL ship, and 2 Princess ships...and then going on the Holiday, it was sooo dissapointing!! The BUFFET was like a lunch-room cafeteria!! Litttle to no choices, and they served 6 cold salads, and about 8 side dish/main course meals at the buffet.

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? No.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE PLACE IN MEXICO!! They built this new dock where the cruise ships dock at (in the past, we had to tender to the dock). There is a mall when you immediately get off the ship - DO NO SHOP THERE!! It is too commercialized and expensive and you will get the same things when you walk downtown Cozumel for MUCH LESS money. The people are friendly and the food is cheap!!
Don't Miss: Dont miss this port, its the best =)
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
This port was a waste of time. I would of had more fun staying on the boat that day. The items were expensive, and the people didn't want to bargin almost at all!! The food at this outside bar we ate at was expensive!! I had a 16 oz drink for $7, Chips and Salsa for $4, Nachos for $9 and they charged for extra cheese which was $2...then they wanted a tip - but the waiter only took our order, and gave us a bill =/ if u kno what i mean!! There was a nice beach to lay out at (if it was sunny that day) and hammocks to lay in.
Don't Miss: The FREE beach I mentioned above. It was relaxing =)
Don't Miss: Dont miss this port, its the best =)
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Don't Miss: The FREE beach I mentioned above. It was relaxing =)