Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review

We started out so optimistic and we are not hard to please. My 20-year-old was bored, nothing for her to do unless she wanted to hang with 13-16 year olds. Gambling and drinking was it! My 17-year- old had fun and liked the video arcade and found a few kids to play basketball with. Our sailing was cold and very, very rough 2 out of 4 days and I was very sea sick. Bad weather so nothing to do shows were very mediocre. Food was, for the most part, good in the dining room but wasn't great on the Lido deck except breakfast. Getting off in Playa del Carmen took forever! (couple of hours) shore time was not long enough. The drinks were very expensive! The redeeming factor was the staff was absolutely awesome! They were from all over the world, very outgoing, very friendly and so fun. They made up for the night without airconditioning, the bathrooms backing up and the power outage! 5 stars to the staff. I am generous with 2 stars for the boat. Carnival if they follow up on my complaints are very slow with it. I sailed December 21, 2002 on the Holiday.