Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review

My husband and I did the 5-day Western Caribbean tour on the Holiday. Embarkation was a breeze. Our stateroom was great and our steward kept it ridiculously spotless. EVERYONE on the staff we came in contact with (90% being bartenders), were incredibly nice! A lot nicer than some of the passengers we came in contact with. Why carry an attitude with you along with all that luggage? The dining room staff and the food were wonderful. We looked forward to dinner every night! We did not make it to any of the midnight buffets, although I did go take pictures of the last one that was offered and it was indescribable! The work these people put into these things! We also didn't make it to any one of the shows, but everyone else seemed to enjoy them. We just aren't in to the Las Vegas show stuff. Our first stop was Playa Del Carmen. We purchased the Playa Beach Break package, which was very nice, even though a local merchant on the beach trying to sell me an ankle bracelet told me I had big ankles! But I was in vacation mode so it didn't offend me one bit. My husband played Tequila Volleyball with our guide, Sandy. We had a great time! In Cozumel, we purchased the "Unlimited Marine Park Snorkel," it was nice but we didn't see many fish and there were a lot of people in the water. We got a taxi from there ($12) into town and shopped a bit. I figured out that unless you are there to purchase jewelry, there really isn't anything else to look at. Most of the shops were either jewelry stores (which actually do have unbelievable deals), or your typical tourist traps. However, if you go to Cozumel you HAVE to eat at Carlos and Charlie's! It's like Bourbon Street contained in a restaurant. There was so much going on in that one little area! We had a blast and wished we would have skipped trying to shop and just hung out there. The one thing I really didn't like AT ALL, was when the cruise was over and we were back in New Orleans. Everyone's bags were in piles all over the port building. You having to fight through the 1,200+ passengers to just locate your luggage. You would think there would be a more organized way to do this. Overall, we had a great time and I have already booked on the Conquest for next August! See ya at Carlos and Charlie's!