Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review

I took my daughter on the cruise for her graduation. The Holiday sailed out of New Orleans on June 13, 02, on a 4-night Western Caribbean itinerary. This was my second cruise on the Holiday and her first cruise ever. We had a wonderful time once she got over the sea sickness. When I ask her if she would do it again, she replies "yes."The food was great! The waiters and all the crew were great! It was a little hectic at the port in New Orleans, but I have learned it is really fascinating to just relax and watch all the other people make fools of themselves because someone else got called before them. The ship isn't going to leave with people still in the terminal, do they not realize this!? We had a great experience on the ship Holiday. It was a wonderful time, and would most definitely do it again on the Holiday. Great entertainment, great food, great service, great room steward and all. The only reason I did not rate this ship a 5 star is because I do not think anyone or thing is perfect (except for God) and there is always room for improvements. We did not do a shore excursion, the one we wanted to take did not have enough people signed-up, so we rented a convertible bug and took off around Cozumel, sight seeing around the island. There are also ruins on Cozumel to see. The ship is kind of old, but clean and well kept. I would almost bet that it looks better than some of the homes that the people who complained, in previous reviews, live in. Your trip is what you make it and who you are with helps also. It is a time to relax and let others wait on you by doing all the cooking, cleaning, fixing drinks, or whatever and these things were most definitely met on the ship. It was clean, air conditioning worked great (almost too good), large varity of food to chose from, no complaints at all.IF YOU DON'T ENJOY BEING WITH YOUR WIFE OR HUSBAND AT HOME, YOU WANT ENJOY BEING WITH THEM ON THE CRUISE! Either.