Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Rather Disappointed

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

Though I'm not completely writing off Carnival Cruise Lines, I would defiantly write off the Holiday ship. It was very old, hard to get around in, kind of dirty and overall not up to par with the rest of the cruise industry. After sailing both Royal Caribbean and Disney, this cruise wasn't even in the same league. I'll give Carnival some latitude due to the age of the ship, but the service was very poor and overall they didnt seem customer focused as Disney did.

I'll probably stay with Disney or RC in the future...especially Disney.

Pros: Shore excursion was AWESOME !!!...Passion Island was beautiful and a good time.

Cons: Food was decent at best and staff was not very professional or service oriented.

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? No.

Very old ship. Not very nice or clean.
Food was often cold or ill prepared. I'll probably lost weight on this cruise which is totally contrary to what you're supposed to do on a cruise
Staff didn't seem too eager to help or go out of their way. Once again, quality of service was way off compared to other cruise lines. Staff very rigid in policies such as seating for meals...was often put with others at large tables were we didn't know anyone.
Ok..Stateroom attendant did a good job but the room was ok. TV was very outdated and when it rained and there was nothing to do, the lack of a decent TV became an issue.
Entertainers were very good with a good variety of shows. Once again, the ship was poorly setup and made viewing difficult.