Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

A great time at a great price

Sail Date: May 14, 2009

The ship does show some wear, but take into consideration its age. These minor imperfections will pale in comparison to the service and ease of use offered by a smaller vessle. The ship was clean and the staff assisted our group whenever possible. We were on the ship in about 20 minutes and with the help of self-assist debarkation off the ship by 7:35 a.m. on debarkation day.

Pros: Ease of embarkation/debarkation, smaller size ship

Cons: Ship does show some signs of wear, cold temps in the main lounge

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? Yes!

The nightly shows were high quality entertainment. We did not attend the country music show however since my husband does not prefer that type of music. My inlaws did attend and were satisifed with the experience. We liked the multiple trivias that were held along with the opportunity to learn how to juggle. One should not have a problem finding an activity to enjoy on this cruise. We must say we listened to Mike at Rick's Place every night as we enjoy sing along piano bars! He was top notch, but I understand was going to a different ship after the cruise ended.
The ship does show signs of wear, but this didn't affect our cruise experience at all.
The quality and selection of food items exceeded all expectations. The buffet quality was surprisingly varied and tasty. The main dining room served gourmet food items. You must try the chocolate melting cake at least once. It is avilable every night in the dining room.
Having cruised before, the stateroom met all of our expectations. Bathroom size was ample for a cruiseship cabin (even for my 6' 5" husband).
The staff accomodated our request to change our dining time. My tall husband was assigned to a booth and they gladly moved us to a table once we explained the situation. Both of our requests were readily met. When we were in need of a bucket of ice, our room steward promptly supplied it. Almost any request is met or at least attempted within reason.
Key West, Florida
If you have never visited Key West before (like us), we highly recommend the trolley tour . You can get off and on at 12 different stops. The trolley comes by every 30 minutes and if its full they send another one to get the extra people. If you take the Conch Train I understand that you cannot get off at any time during the tour. In my opinion there is too much that you would miss and picture taking would be difficult. My husband's main goal during the visit was to take his picture next to the southernmost point monument and the train would not have accomodated him. We enjoyed the history and architecture of the town. The trolley drivers gave narrations about the area during the trip and was very informative, but sometimes corny. We visited the Hemingway Home (admission $12 per person) which close to two of the trolley stops. The lighthouse across the street looked interesting, but I wasn't looking forward to climbing all of those stairs and it cost $10.
Don't Miss: Trolley tour