Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A good time on the Carnival Holiday

Sail Date: February 14, 2009

The ship was older and small with few activities for teens. Having said that my wife and I had a good time on the Holiday. It's smaller sizes created a more intimate atmosphere. The itinerary was altered prior to our departing Mobile, AL due to a malfuntion with the ship. Instead of visiting Progresso we visted Calica (Playa de Carmen), which, was disappointing, but we did have a good time. If your looking for a casual trip this is a cruise for you. The staff was the "Best". Went above and beyond to please the passangers. The staff was the Holiday's greatest attribute.

Pros: The staff on the Holiday our very helpful and friendly

Cons: The Holiday is older and small without the attributes of a larger newer ship

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? Yes!

The staterooms were functional, but older. They reminded me of a Best Western Hotel; okay but not great.
What else can I say they were what made our trip on the Holiday. They more than went out of their way to please the passangers. Every single crewmember I interacted with was friendly and helpful. Just a great bunch!
Entertain was excellent. We attended several shows and they were fun.
Too small for some and older. It had limited on board activities due to it's age and size. The rooms were older and all public area's were very clean.
All food was very good, especially in the main dining area. I would compare it to an upscale restaurant.
We had a great time at Cozumel. We started the day snorkeling and finished by shopping and eating at Senior Frogs (it was a great atmosphere and the food was good).
Don't Miss: Too many activities to see on one trip.