Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

a great first time

Sail Date: December 11, 2008

This was our first cruise ever. And we walked away with nothing but good to say. The help on this ship felt like family before we left. They were nothing but friendly. We don't have one negitive thing to say about this ship. The only thing we heard was that we could feel the rocking of the rough waters because it was a small ship. And we did feel it...alot of people on this cruise that were first timers said that they would never go on another cruise do to the rough waters of the first night, but on through the cruise the employees made up for the first night of the waters..and everyone would go again. We loved it. Our daughter even puked!!ha and she would hop back on tommorrow!!! The ship was so clean. The food was great. But the kindness of the staff was outstanding. The rooms were bigger than i thought they would be. and the cleanliness of this ship was shocking to me. The shows were outstanding. We loved them all. There is something on board for everyone. We aren't drinkers or partiers but my husband and I would take another cruise on this ship again. The price was wonderful and up front. We met so many wonderful people on this ship...workers and cruisers. We just had a great time...would recommend this cruise to anyone wanting to experience the wonders of the water. WE loved it!!!

Pros: the friendliness of all the workers

Cons: to me there was a smell like uriane...my family didn't smell it

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? Yes!

this was the cleanest place. and we were all over the shiip. and i'm picky!!
the dining was made so special to everyone. if you can't find something to soot your eating habit you are nuts. i am a juvenille diabetic and worry about being out like that and getting low, but i never had to worry about that on this cruise...i always had food at my need and the needs to meet my special needs.
the size of the room was alot bigger than i had thought they would be. they were very clean and we were so spoiled by the staff...our beds made and turned down each night.
this i can not say enough about. the staff was tops. they were way up there. not one time was one not friendly and as helpful as they could be. we fell in love with the people as though they were our family.
great shows and enterainment. something for everyone!!! never a dull moment
we didn't have any small children with us but we were always hearing about things to do for the kids. and there were alot of children on the cruise. i would take a child on it..
we didn't do anything special but walk around. it was interesting. but was very entertained. our daughter did the snorkerling and loved it.i am 47, my husband is 56 and our daughter is 24..we all loved it all.