Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Warm and sunny

Sail Date: March 29, 2008

This was my second cruise and in my opinion the Carnival ship Holiday needs to be retired. It was a little smelly and the water was almost always brown in the cabin bathrooms. It seemed like everytime I went to a public bathroom at least one stall was broken and there were many problems with other systems such as the coffee and ice cream machines. The staff was awesome, especially our evening waiter, Mario. I had a good time but compared with the ship Fantasy, not even on the same standard. Food wasn't always available like it was before and at a lower quality food and seating in the buffet area. The spa wasn't as inviting as before either. I think if this had been my first cruise I wouldn't have been so critical but it just wasn't as nice as the other one. I must say I was a little disappointed when I got on and looked around.

Pros: Dinner and the formal dining room

Cons: size and condition of the ship

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? No.

Definately needs some work or retired, it was clean just not kept up
Dining in the dining room was awesome, the buffet area was less than inviting or appetizing.
My stateroom was nice, the window was missing one out of every three screws and the window was never clean.
Staff were excellent, very friendly. I only ran into one woman who wasn't working but still had her badge on and she seemed annoyed. Maybe she was tired, I don't know.
I only saw a few shows, but I enjoyed them
Highly recommend. Wish we had been there longer
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Very poor and run down looking, not at all cruise or tourist friendly. A little depressing. I suggest you do a shore excursion at this port if it is an option