Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

We Love Carnival's Holiday

Sail Date: March 22, 2007

We loved our cruise. Our cabins were beautifully decorated with a contemporary Asianesque theme. The public areas were spotless. The crew was very helpful and enthusiastic. Our housekeeper Daniela always had a smile on her face and was happy to see us. Our waiters in the Seven seas Lounge, Trika and Hadi were charming and refilled our beverages without ever having to ask. My fiance ordered chicken on our second night. Although he didn't ask or even complain, our waiter sensed that he really wished he ordered the fillet mignon. He brought out a plate of steak for him without having to ask. We were amazed at the superstar service they provided us.

Pros: The first class service and wonderful food

Cons: Would have enjoyed more dance classes

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? Yes!

Best food I've ever had. The chocolate ganache cake is heaven. So is the melted chocolate cake. The food was so wonderful, I had a bloated belly the whole trip. I just wore a baggy sundress the whole time to cover my pouching belly.
Our room was at the very front of the ship. But, we booked our rooms TBA so they'd be cheaper. It was a bit rocky, but nothing bothersome. The waves rocked us to sleep, I've never slept that soundly.
The crew was very helpful and enthusiastic. Our housekeeper Daniela always had a smile on her face and was happy to see us. Our waiters in the Seven seas Lounge, Trika and Hadi were charming and refilled our beverages without ever having to ask. My fiance ordered chicken on our second night. Although he didn't ask or even complain, our waiter sensed that he really wished he ordered the fillet mignon. He brought out a plate of steak for him without having to ask. We were amazed at the superstar service they provided us. Everyone we spoke with was fluent in English and we enjoyed talking with them. Even though they work long hours, they are very energetic, ready to serve, and smiling. Unlike a lot of servers here in the states, they were always well groomed, they had pressed uniforms, clean hands, and very white teeth. (I think they take advantage of the teeth whitening treatment available onboard.) Everyone I spoke with was throughly impressed with the crew.
I wish that there were more aerobic classes offered througout the day. But the aerobics teacher is fantastic. Don't miss the towel folding class. (They teach you to fold towels into animals.
It's an older ship, so the layout of the Lido deck is reminiscent of the 80's. But the ship is very clean. The crew works 24 hours each day to make sure that the entire ship is spick and span. This includes the elelvators, stairwells, decks, hallways, dining rooms, and even the kids play ground.
We paid $30 to take a taxi to a crowded beach. People were trying to rip us off. I wish we stayed on the ship, you can swim for free on the boat and the workers aren't trying to take advantage of you. Part of me wished we took a shore excursion, but I still wouldn't want to pay $80 a person to drive a Jeep for two hours. I'd recommend hopping off to get a few pictures, buy some vanilla and tequila, and get back on the boat.